Book Trade Policy
- Port Book and News accepts used books for trade Monday thru Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm.
- We offer 30% of the original cover price in credit which can be used towards the purchase of new or used books.
Our needs change almost daily, and it is necessary for us to physically see a book before we will consider buying it. In making our selection: condition, stock level, and resale value, are of prime importance. We do not accept:
- Harlequin Romances
- Dated books such as travel guides and computer books
- Abridged versions
- Library discards
- Underlined, highlighted or otherwise heavily marked books
- Books with stickers we cannot remove
- Books without covers
- Books that smell of mildew or other strong odors
- We will rarely take a hardback if the title is available in paperback
We make every attempt to look through the books when you bring them in. If for some reason we cannot, we will call you when we assess the value to us. We request you pick up the books we cannot use within 5 days or we will donate them to a charity of our choice.
No upcoming events available