The DASH Diet for Hypertension (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Based on the largest clinical trial of its kind and endorsed by the American Heart Association, the DASH diet is scientifically proven to significantly reduce high blood pressure after only two weeks.
IN A 2011 RANKING PUBLISHED IN U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT, THE DASH DIET WAS RATED #1 BY A PANEL OF MEDICAL EXPERTS INCLUDING SPECIALISTS IN DIABETES AND HEART DISEASE— THE BEST OVERALL DIET AND THE BEST DIET FOR DIABETES!
More than 50 million Americans suffer from high blood pressure, and most of them control it by taking prescription drugs with potentially dangerous side effects; and nearly 24 million Americans have diabetes. But there is a natural and affordable alternative for managing these potentially deadly conditions, reducing your risk of heart failure, stroke, and kidney disease, and achieving the best health of your life: the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet. Developed by a world-class team of doctors and nutritionists, the DASH diet gives you:
• Complete and balanced nutrition for safe short-term and long-term weight loss
• A scientifically proven approach to managing diabetes and heart disease without prescription medication
• A hearty and healthful selection of DASH menus, recipes, and grocery lists
• DASH exercise programs for everyday living
• Key tools including calorie worksheets and a formula to calculate body mass . . . and much more from this revolutionary program, which is recommended by the American Heart Association; the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; the American Society for Hypertension; and other leading medical authorities.
About the Author
Mark Jenkins is a journalist and the author of several health books, including the Sports Medicine Bible, and is a consultant to the Harvard Medical School system.
Thomas J. Moore is professor of medicine and endocrinology at Boston University School of Medicine. Dr. Moore has studied the blood pressure effects of foods and salt intake for more than two decades, and has written numerous scientific papers and books, including both The DASH Diet for Hypertension and The DASH Diet for Weight Loss. Dr. Moore lives near Boston; he enjoys biking, tennis, and golf.
No upcoming events available